Concrete Roof Tiles Manufacturing Process
Low Impact Manufacturing Reduces our Carbon Footprint
Throughout the manufacturing process, Boral Roofing adheres to best practices pertaining to production and environmental responsibility.
- Our products are made locally to service regional customers - reducing transportation costs and emissions.
- Processed water is recycled for reuse in the manufacturing process.
- We reduce the use of cement consumption by using post-industrial materials such as blast furnace slag and fly ash, preventing potentially harmful pollutants from reaching local ecosystems.
- Tile may be crushed and reintroduced into the manufacturing process as well as for use in construction projects.
Concrete tiles produce less than half of the carbon emissions of clay tiles and metal sheets.*
* Öko-Institute and Monier, Germany, December 2008.